Wednesday, February 15, 2012

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies



I love marshmallows, but rarely put them in cookies.  The few times that I have, the marshmallows have blown up then melted into sticky goo all over the place.  Not successful marshmallow behavior in terms of cookie application.  So when I found Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Bits at the store the other day, I had to buy some.  Maybe four of them.  Do you remember the crunchy little marshmallows that come in super sugary cereals that you refuse to buy for your kids because you might as well feed them a bowl of sugar for breakfast?  The cereal that your kids actually DON'T complain about not getting, but your husband does? (So how do I know about these cereals that I don't like, buy, or eat? I'll never tell.)  These marshmallow bits are like those cereal marshmallows.  Divine.


And perfect in these cookies.  I used graham flour in one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes and added a handful of these fabulous little marshmallows.  Did I mention that I have to hide these marshmallows from my husband because he will eat them all?  He'll probably sneak them onto his forced upon him healthy cereal when I'm not around.  He says he isn't a big fan of marshmallows.  Uh Huh.  Anyhow.  The cookies are delicious, you must try this recipe, the end.


S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 egg
10 Tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 Tablespoons) butter, room temperature
5 1/3 ounces brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup graham flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) chocolate chips
1/2 cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits


Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


In a large bowl, beat the egg on high speed until light in color and frothy.  Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.  Beat until well blended.  Slowly beat in the graham and all purpose flours.  Stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.


Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.  Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.  Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.  Makes about 18 cookies.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...