Monday, March 28, 2016

Hot Chocolate and Marshmallow Ice Cream


Oh my goodness, I know.  I totally said that I was done with hot chocolate recipes for the season.  I  may have lied a little.  But you can forgive me, right?  Because it's hot chocolate.  And there is all kinds of leeway when hot chocolate is involved.  And it's ice cream, so it's really a seasonal crossover dessert.  So I'm good.  This ice cream is hot chocolate all the way, and studded with mini marshmallows and a marshmallow cream swirl! You can use storebought marshmallow cream, or make your own.  I used this recipe.

Hot Chocolate and Marshmallow Ice Cream

1 can (14 ounces) chocolate sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup (3-4 packets) powdered hot cocoa mix
1 quart (4 cups) half and half
1/2 teaspoon coffee extract
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups marshmallow cream (storebought or homemade)

Place the chocolate sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl.  Stir in the hot cocoa mix until smooth.  Gradually stir in the half and half until well blended.  Stir in the coffee extract.  Refrigerate until cold.

When you are ready to freeze the ice cream, pour the ice cream base mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions.  During the last several minutes of freezing time, add the marshmallows to the ice cream.  When  finished freezing, transfer the ice cream to a freezer container alternating layers of ice cream and marshmallow cream.  Freeze.  Makes about 2 quarts.  

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...