Monday, March 14, 2016

Buttermilk Toffee Fudge


Same old story. I have buttermilk in the fridge that I need to get rid of.  I wanted to come up with a creative way to use it, and I found this recipe.  I was totally intrigued, and my oldest Hungry Puppy was desperate for me to make it.  So I did.  I left out the pecans and sprinkled toffee over the top instead, and we really loved it!  This fudge is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet, and the toffee is the perfect topper!

Buttermilk Toffee Fudge

2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 Tablespoon honey
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup toffee bits

Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with foil, and lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.

Place the sugar, buttermilk, butter, honey, and salt in a medium saucepan.  Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.  Bring the mixture to a boil, continuing to stir frequently, until the mixture reaches 238F.

Immediately pour the mixture into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium high speed until thickened and no longer shiny.  Pour the fudge into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.  Sprinkle the toffee bits over the top and press down slightly to adhere.  Let cool completely before cutting.  Makes 16 pieces.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...