Monday, January 11, 2016

Cookie Butter Snickerdoodles


So, I have to admit, I am a little bit late to the cookie butter party.  But here I am!  I tend to resist major trends because I really don't like doing what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it.  I like to do my own thing, whatever I want because I want to, and who cares what anyone else thinks?  So cookie butter.  Finally I tried it, and it was kind of awesome.  Then I got the crunchy kind and it was kind of really awesome.  So cookies happened.  And they are also kind of awesome.  Be warned... a jar of cookies and cream hazelnut spread just made its way to my pantry, so something of that ilk may be coming this way soon.  Recipe adapted from here.

Cookie Butter Snickerdoodles

1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup cookie butter
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves

3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, shortening, cookie butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the vanilla extract and egg, and beat until smooth.  Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves, and beat until just blended.

In a small bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.  Scoop the dough into tablespoon size balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten very slightly with your fingers (you want thick disc shapes instead of balls, so just flatten the rounded top).  Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just barely golden brown at the edges.  Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...