Friday, October 16, 2015

Orange Pistachio White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies



So I decided to make a Japanese Cotton Soft Cheesecake the other day.  Everything was going totally great until my five egg whites refused to whip up. I couldn't even believe it.  That has never happened to me before!  I was so irritated.  So I had 5 refuse to be whipped egg whites along with 5 extra yolks that needed to be used sooner rather than later. I was totally wracking my brain on what to make, but then remembered that my cookie list was way long!  So I made 3 batches. Since I've had my eye on these cookies for a while now, they were on the list.  The hint of orange, salty pistachios, rich chocolate and sweet white chocolate are perfect in a crisp chewy delicious cookie.  Original recipe found here.

Orange Pistachio White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
Zest of 1 small orange
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pistachios
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and orange zest until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until incorporated.  Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until just combined.  Stir in the pistachios, white chocolate chips, and semi sweet chocolate chips.

Drop 2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are set.  Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for several minutes on the pan.  Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...