Monday, July 27, 2015

Cranberry Orange Poppy Seed Muffins


We're starting something new today!  My oldest Hungry Puppy (from here on known as Hungry Puppy M) has been really getting into baking lately, so she's decided to post an occasional recipe here.  This recipe was baked and post written by her.

Hi, I am Hungry Puppy M. Lately, I have been baking muffins for Sunday breakfast. My mommy asked me if I could bake some extras for her class and I did! We looked for the perfect recipe and we finally found it. This recipe is awesome and I personally loved it. I hope you do to! Bon Appitite!  Recipe from Breakfast & Brunch: Classic Recipes By Louise Weber (editor)

Cranberry Orange Poppy Seed Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder 
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons grated orange peel

Preheat the oven to 400F.  Lightly spray a regular muffin tin with cooking spray, or for mini muffins, use a mini muffin pan.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, melted butter, and the egg, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in dried cranberries and orange peel. Grease the muffin tins and fill them 3/4 full.

Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or for mini muffins, about 8 to 9 minutes). Let cool in pan about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm or let cool completely. Makes 12 regular size muffins, or about 60 mini muffins.

Enjoy!  -Hungry Puppy M

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...