Friday, March 27, 2015

Tomato Seafood Soup


I found this recipe in a teeny tiny little notepad that was tucked deep in the recesses of my cookbook bookcase.  I remember handwriting the recipe years ago, and then never making this soup.  I decided that I needed to make it immediately.  This soup is simple to put together and doesn't take too much time.  And it is really yummy!  I was totally worried that my Hungry Puppies would not like it at all, but they surprised me when they said that they loved it!  Win!



Tomato Seafood Soup

½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green pepper
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1 cup salsa
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
3 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2  teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
12 ounces frozen uncooked shrimp, thawed, peeled, deveined (or use cooked, and add immediately before serving)
8 ounces imitation crab meat, chopped
1 can (6.5 ounces) minced clams, undrained


In a large pot, sautee the onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until tender.  Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, broth, parsley, pepper, and oregano.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.  Add the seafood, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are done.  Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...