Monday, February 2, 2015

Cherry Cheesecake Pie


I've had my eye on this pie for a while now, and I am so incredibly glad that I made it.  Because it was amazing.  I don't often make cheesecake, but this one spoke to me.  Partly because it was a pie, and partly because it was gorgeous!  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  It was so simple to put together, just like a pie.  My husband rightly suggested that you can make this pie with any kind of fruit topping you'd like.  I'm pretty sure that I'll have the opportunity to try out lots because everyone loved it, and I totally can't wait to make it again!  

Cherry Cheesecake Pie

9 inch double pie crust (I used this one, or use a refrigerated crust)
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese (regular or neufchatel), room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling (or any other flavor pie filling)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Place one pie crust layer in a 9 inch pie plate.

In a large bowl or a food processor, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth.  Add the egg and almond extract and beat until well combined and smooth.  Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pastry crust and smooth the top.  Gently spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture.

Cut the remaining pie crust into 1/2 inch strips and arrange in a lattice over the top of the pie.  Seal and crimp the edges as desired.  Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the cherry filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown (if the crust browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil).  Remove the pie from the oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Serve at room temperature, or chill before serving.  Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...