Friday, January 16, 2015

Cinnamon Honey Buttermilk Pie


I don't think that I have ever made a buttermilk pie.  Mostly, I think, because I was a tiny bit afraid that it would taste like buttermilk.  In a pie.  Now, don't get me wrong, I like buttermilk.  Just not in pie form, I don't think.  I once made a buttermilk chocolate pudding and I really wasn't a fan because I could really taste the buttermilk tang through the chocolate. This pie is so amazing!  It doesn't taste like tangy buttermilk, but has a wonderful custard flavor and the honey comes through very nicely.  Just lightly spiced with cinnamon, this pie is just perfect!


Cinnamon Honey Buttermilk Pie

9 inch unbaked pie crust
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350F.  

Stir together the melted butter, sugar, and honey until smooth.  Add then salt and flour, and stir until combined.  Stir in the eggs and vanilla.  Add the buttermilk and cinnamon and stir until completely incorporated.  

Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.  Reduce the oven temperature to 325F, and continue to bake the pie for 40 to 45 more minutes, or until the filling jiggles slightly.  Remove the pie from the oven and let cool completely (and chill if desired) before serving.  Makes about 8 servings.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...