Friday, January 17, 2014

Toffee Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies


Recently, my Hungry Puppies asked me what my favorite candy bar was.  It took me a while to answer, because I couldn't think of one.  I'm not a huge candy person.  Then it hit me.  Symphony Bars.  I really really like Symphony Bars, the toffee almond kind in particular, but I love the regular chocolate bar too.  I like to get a giant Symphony bar (actually one plain and one toffee almond), break them up into pieces and freeze them.  Then I just grab a little piece every now and then.  So I totally thought of my favorite candy bar when I made these cookies.  Toffee bits, sliced almond, and mini chocolate chips fill these delicious cookies.

Toffee Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup toffee bits
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the vanilla extract and the eggs.  Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and beat until just combined.  Stir in the toffee bits, sliced almonds, and mini chocolate chips.  

Scoop the dough with a medium (about 2 tablespoon) size cookie scoop, and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the edges and very tops are golden brown.  Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...