Monday, October 14, 2013

Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies



I got a call a couple of weeks ago from a mother in the PTA.  Whoa.  Let's stop right there.  I fly very far under the radar.  Very far.  My phone never rings because no one knows my number and if they do, I'm so far under the radar that they never need to call.  So.  The a PTA mom is on the phone with me (I'm actually a member of the PTA, but...my husband goes to the meetings).  And the next thing I know, I am the Art Mom for my oldest Hungry Puppy's 2nd grade class.  Apparently, my name was suggested (I was ratted out) by a mom that I know from Children's Music Academy (which is a totally amazing program, by the way, and if there is a studio where you live you should definitely check it out for your young children!!!).  Apparently, there is no honor among mothers.  Actually, I'm totally okay with being the Art Mom (minus the art part...I am so no artsy.  Like not at all, those poor kids).  Since I'm the non-artsy Art Mom who can bake, I'm bringing cookies for all of the kids for a special snack.  To redeem myself.  And to not leave my precious Hungry Puppy deeply embarrassed by her can't-draw-a-stick-figure-Art-Mom.  These cookies totally remind me of bakery cookies, which I totally love.  This recipe will definitely be making my favorite recipes list!

Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies

2/3 cup (10 2/3 Tablespoons) butter, room temperature
2/3 cup (10 2/3 Tablespoons) shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini M&Ms

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

Cream together the butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat until just combined.  Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and beat on low until evenly distributed.

Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.  Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and just set in the center.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for several minutes.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 30 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...