Monday, May 20, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


I wasn't originally going to post these cookies (from KAF).  Then I ate one.  And they were so soft and moist and peanut butter cup-y, that I had to.  I had no choice.  My taste buds forced me to share.  We all know that I don't like peanut butter cookies.  These are not bad, though.  There is cocoa powder and peanut butter in the dough, so they aren't overwhelmingly peanut buttery.  

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/4 cup peanut butter (choose your favorite - I used creamy)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 Tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (about 24 individually wrapped) peanut butter cups, quartered

Preheat the oven to 375.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.  Beat in the vanilla, egg, and water.  Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and beat until just combined.  Stir in the peanut butter cups.

Use a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for about 10 minutes, or until just set in the center.  Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...