Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies


Here we go with another chocolate chip cookie recipe.  This one is different due to the addition of sour cream.  I don't think I have ever made chocolate chip cookies with sour cream before, and I was a bit skeptical.  I was worried that I would end up with chocolate chip cake drops.  I don't like a cakey cookie.  I like my cookies to be crispy and chewy.  These cookies turned out to be kind of cakey chewy.  A slightly different texture than I am used to, and these probably won't replace my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes, but they are yummy and have a good flavor.  This recipe makes giant chocolate chip cookies, but if you want to bake regular size cookies, just scoop smaller dough balls and reduce the baking time accordingly.

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.  Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.  

Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the dough and form into balls.  Place the balls of dough 6 to a baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.  Bake for about 14 minutes, or until golden brown at the edges.  Remove cookies from the oven and transfer from the pan to a cooling rack. Makes 18 giant cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...