Friday, September 21, 2012

Autumn Candy Centerpiece


So, I am doing something a little different today, but I feel okay about it because it still involves food and calories.  I am not an exceptionally crafty person, but I decided that it might be fun to start doing centerpieces for my table.  I live in an apartment right now, so I don't have much opportunity for serious decorating, but I can definitely work with a seasonal centerpiece.  I did one for Easter, and it was fabulous, so I decided to try out another one for Fall.  It is super easy and versatile.  I just change the candy and the flowers to fit the season. You may need to change the amounts of candy based on the size of your jar.

Autumn Candy Centerpiece

1 large vase or jar
1 bouquet of silk flowers (wash the stem if you want to eat the candy in the jar)
1 bag Autumn colors M&Ms
1 bag Autumn colors Peanut M&Ms
1 bag candy corn
1 bag Indian corn
1 large box Whoppers

Combine the M&Ms and peanut M&Ms in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine the candy corn and Indian corn.  Place a double handful of the candy corn mix into the vase or jar.  Add a layer of whoppers.  Check the outside of the jar to make sure you can see the defined layers.  On top of the whoppers, add a double handful (or two) or the M&Ms mix. Add another layer of whoppers, again checking the outside to make sure the layers are defined.  Place one more double handful of the candy corn mix on top.  Carefully insert the stem of your bouquet into the candy and kind of wiggle it down to the very bottom.  Arrange the flowers as desired.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...