Monday, April 23, 2012

Pink Lemonade Fudge



This cool and sweet pink lemonade fudge was born out of a pure kitchen disaster.  I like to think that I am a little like MacGuyver in the kitchen.  Working my way out of the worst of culinary disasters with nothing but a toothpick and a stick of butter.  No, but seriously, I really enjoy coming up with solutions for my cooking or baking problems.  I don't like to waste or throw away food.  So when I have something that turns into a flop, I try to find some way to save it or use it.  So when I seized an entire bag of white chocolate chips, I was super lucky to have a can of pink lemonade frosting (I think it might be a seasonal flavor) that I had just bought that morning.  The result?  This fabulous pink lemonade fudge (that my hungry puppies love, by the way...color and flavor!).


Pink Lemonade Fudge


1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
1 can (16 ounces) pink lemonade frosting


Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil.  Set aside.


Melt the white chocolate chips, either on the stovetop or in the microwave.  When the chips are melted, add the frosting and stir until well combined.  Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.  Place in the refrigerator until completely cool and firm.   Remove the fudge from the pan using the foil to lift it out.  Cut into squares.  Makes about 24 pieces.


Note:  If your white chocolate seizes, go ahead and add the frosting anyway.  Just continue to gently warm the mixture and stir until it comes together.  You may have one or two residual lumps, but it should come out just fine.


Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...