Monday, December 24, 2012

Cranberry Pistachio Cookies


This recipe is one that I have been saving for Christmastime, and for my Hungry Puppies to do.  This is an easy semi-homemade recipe that my Hungry Puppies did completely on their own (with the exclusion of one or two minor things like chopping the pistachios...).  They opened packages, mixed the ingredients, scooped the dough and baked. Can I tell you how relaxing it was for me?  I just kind of sat back an observed.  These cookies are also pretty fail safe (although I generally fail when I make this sort of semi-homemade recipe).  My Hungry Puppies did a fantastic job, and were so pleased with the results.  The cookies are a huge hit.

Cranberry Pistachio Cookies

1 pouch sugar cookie mix
1 box (4 serving size) pistachio instant pudding
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together the cookie mix, pudding mix, and flour.  Add the butter and eggs and stir until well combined.  Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.  Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the cookies are just barely set on top.  Do not overbake.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.  Makes 18 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy & Hungry Puppies

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...