Monday, June 20, 2016

Blueberry Muffin Rice Krispies Treats


Oh my goodness, we ran out of cookies.  No, I have no idea how I could have let this happen.  I'm feeling a little bit like I have failed as a mother and baker.  So with no time to make cookies, I threw together these amazing rice krispies treats.  My Hungry Puppies absolutely love rice krispies treats, which means that I really should make them more often.  I pledge now to do that.  Because these were stinking good.  I mean really delightful.  These basic rice krispies treats benefit from the addition of dry blueberry muffin mix and a white chocolate drizzle.  Note: I used a Jiffy muffin mix, and just used the entire box without haveing to worry about what to do with a partial box of muffin mix.  You can use about 1 1/4 cups of any muffin mix you have on hand.  Original recipe found here.

Blueberry Muffin Rice Krispies Treats

4 Tablespoons butter
12 ounces marshmallows (you can use mini or regular)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box (7 ounces) Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix, dry unprepared mix (about 1 1/4 cup)
6 cups rice krispies
1/2 white chocolate chips, melted

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.  Set aside.

Place the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl.  Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until marshmallows and butter are melted and smooth.  Stir in the vanilla and dry muffin mix until incorporated.  Add the rice krispies and stir until well blended.  

Pour the rice krispies mixture into the prepared baking dish and press evenly into the pan.  Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top.  Let cool completely before cutting.  Makes 24 bars.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...