Friday, November 20, 2015

Oreo Pretzel Turkeys


Guess what guess what!!!! My sister is coming to my house for Thanksgiving and I can't even contain my excitement.  This means my 3 year old niece is coming too! She called me on the phone today and told me that she wants to help me make things in the kitchen, like pie!  I am so excited to do some kitchen projects with her and my Hungry Puppies!! I love when the cousins can get together and have fun.  I decided that these little turkeys would be so fun and easy for little fingers.  Not too technical and I love how they don't need to stand up.  Sometimes it gets tricky to keep them upright, and for a 3 year old it might get frustrating.  These are perfect.  Oh, and pretzels?  Not my thing.  Chocolate covered pretzels?  Totally my thing.  Pretzels should really only come chocolate covered.  Just saying. Original idea found here.  Note: Using melted chocolate for the "glue" would provide the strongest hold, but chocolate frosting might be easier for kids to work with.  Use whatever works for you!

Oreo Pretzel Turkeys

12 Oreo  Fudge Cream cookies
36 Chocolate Covered Pretzels
24 candy eyes
12 candy corn
72 Fall colored M&Ms
Melted Chocolate chips or Chocolate frosting (use homemade and place in a piping bag with a very small opening, or use storebought in a piping bag, or use a tube of decorator frosting)

Use melted chocolate or frosting to attach an oreo to the top of 3 chocolate covered pretzels.  Use more chocolate or frosting to attach the eyes and candy corn beak to the top of the oreo.  Attach the M&Ms to the chocolate covered pretzels with the chocolate or frosting.  Let turkeys set before moving or serving.  Makes 12 turkeys.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...