Friday, June 12, 2015

Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies


I decided that I needed to make some peanut butter cookies, for the sake of my poor peanut butter deprived family.  Since I am a kind and benevolent baker, I decided to go all out with the peanut butter.  I stuffed these peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips and mini reeces peanut butter cups.  So here's the actual story.  I made these cookies and they didn't come out how I wanted.  So instead of tweaking the same recipe, I brilliantly decided to try a different one.  Fail.  So I decided to try one last one.  Fail.  Then because I got a clue, I decided to  try the first recipe again and change it just a touch.  Oh my goodness win!!!  It totally worked and was totally worth it because the cookies were 10x better.  And now I am swimming in peanut butter cookies.  I used a copycat recipe of the Magnolia Bakery Peanut Butter Cookies.  Definitely my new hands down favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.  


Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter chips
8 ounce bag (about 1 1/4 cups) unwrapped mini peanut butter cups 

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth.  Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.  Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla, until completely incorporated.  Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and beat until just combined.  Stir in the peanut butter chips and peanut butter cups until evenly distributed. Refrigerate the dough while you preheat the oven.

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  

When the oven is ready, scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Use your fingers to flatten the balls very slightly, just enough to flatten the rounded top.  Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops are just barely set.  Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for several minutes on the pan.  Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...