Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cookie Stuffed Oreo Cookies


How can you improve on an Oreo cookie?  Stuff it with a chocolate chip cookie.  I'm going to confess that I bought 2 packages of Mega Stuf Oreos a while back.  I'm thinking that's probably a pretty good indication of whether I land on the cream or cookie side of the debate.  It's definitely all about the cream for me.  So mega stuf that oreo with an extra cookie!  Original recipe found here.  I thought it would be fun to reverse the cookies.  I used regular chocolate chip cookie dough for the chocolate Oreos, and chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough for the golden Oreos.  You can do one or the other, the process is the same for both.  

Cookie Stuffed Oreo Cookies

For original Oreos:
1 package Mega Stuf Oreo cookies (you can use regular or double stuff)
Chocolate Chip Cookie dough (You can use your favorite, I used this one)

For Golden Oreos:
1 package Mega Stuf Golden Oreo Cookies (you can use regular or double stuff)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie dough (You can use your favorite, I used this one)

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Break apart the Oreos, and place the non-cream side on a baking sheet (you can place them fairly close together because the cookies won't spread).  Set aside the cream side of the Oreos.  Place about 1 tablespoon of dough on top of each non-cream side Oreo.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookie is baked through.  Remove the cookies from the oven and place a cream side Oreo on top of the still warm baked cookie and press down lightly.  Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...