Saturday, April 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies


I have been having a little bit of a peanut butter fixation lately.  I can't explain it.  Peanut butter is yummy, but not usually an irresistible thing for me.  Only one thing to do.  Eat as much of it in as many applications as I can as quickly as I can.  Here goes.  I created these brownies.  And I am proud of them.  You will be proud of me too.  Oh yeah, and the peanut butter filling does actually taste like peanut butter cup filling.  

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

One 9x13 pan of brownies (use your favorite recipe or box mix)

Peanut Butter cup Layer:
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, semi melted
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

Chocolate Ganache:
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (you can use chips)
2 Tablespoons butter

In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until fully incorporated.  Stir in the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs until well blended and the mixture comes together.  Gently press the peanut butter mixture onto the prepared brownies in an even layer.

In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir.  If necessary, repeat until the chocolate is melted.  Stir until smooth.  Pour the ganache over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.  Refrigerate until firm.  Makes about 32 small (but decadent) brownies.

Enjoy!  -Cardamommy

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...